Thursday, September 24, 2009

Wicked Lovely


Wicked Lovely

Author: Melissa Marr

Published by HarperCollins Publishing in 2007


Summary:

Wicked Lovely is a book set in the real world but has faeries and creatures unseen in it as well. It is about a girl named Aislinn who is one of the rare ones who can actually see these faeries. They are dangerous but she has to pretend as if she doesn't see them. Her grandmother's rules have always kept her safe from them but now, she is being stalked by the summer king himself who seems bent on making her his queen. He has been searching for her, the right one all his life. Now, he has found her but she does not want him. She has her own boy problems. Of course, she can not escape now that Keenan, the summer king, has set his sights on her and thinks her the one. Many other girls have had the chance to become the summer queen but they are never the right one, the one who is supposed to be her. All of those other girls are now filled with Winter's chill and can never escape.


Review:

I thought that this book was ok. It seemed a little slow when I was reading it but near the end, I liked it. It had a different ending than I was used to. I didn't really like the characters that much either. Keenan never really cared for anyone, it seemed like and Seth was a scary guy who had piercings and slept around with all the girls because "it felt good." I liked Aislinn's shy determined mannerism though. I think she deserves someone better than both of those boys but that's not how the author wanted it. The faeries were a little frightning! It also seemed a little confusing as I read it. I didn't really understand what was going on some of the time. But I did like the story line but I thought it was sad that the Winter Queen never came to realize how wrong she was.


Warnings:

There were a couple of swear words in this book. But it wasn't filled with them. There were some scary creatures in this book and they sometimes were violent. There were a couple of more mature scenes in this novel. It never really came out and said anything big but it was implied.





No comments:

Post a Comment