Saturday, September 19, 2009

Snow


Snow
By Tracy Lynn
Published in 2003 by Simon and Schuster Children's Publishing Division

Summary:
Snow is about a young girl who's mother dies giving birth to her and now her father remarries to a cruel woman who becomes jealous of Jessica/Snow's beauty. When Snow accuses a boy of attacking her, she is forbidden to speak to or see any of the boys that she is friends with. Snow is soon locked away. She is warned by a friend to run away before her step mother tries something awful. Snow runs away and joins an unusual group called the Lonely Ones. She is much happier as their maid but soon, her stepmother finds her and tries to trick her to become her "experiment."

Review:
I really liked this book even though it seemed like it took me a little longer than I thought it would to read it. It was an interesting rendition of the story of Snow White. There were a lot of twists and turns I wasn't expecting. I liked the brave and caring Jessica/Snow who only wants to be loved and feel like she has a family. I really liked the Lonely Ones as well because they were all so very different from each other. I liked this book a lot and would definitely read other books that are in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment