Tuesday, November 10, 2009

War Is


War Is
Marc Aronson and Patty Campbell
Published by Candlewick Press in September of 2008

War Is is a book about war. It is a collection of articles about war and what it means and what goes on in war and how certain people feel about war. But most of the articles were about our own American soldiers. It is a book about what people feel about war and what war entails. It is telling everything that anyone would want to know about war. It talks about the truth about war and it is for young adults who need to know about war from people that have experienced it first hand. It is people's thoughts and experiences from wars that they have been through. It tells what people say is the truth about what war really is and that everyone should read it and know about all of the things that is talked about.

I can't decide if I like this book or not. I read it and was amazed at what I had read. I had not known a lot of the things that were talked about. I hadn't realized what was going on when people talked about war and I hadn't realized what sorts of things real people had to go through when they experienced these kinds of things. I think that the things talked about are things that every person should know about so that they can make better decisions about going to war or signing up for something that they don't know about entirely.

This book has  a lot to warn against. There is a lot of violence and a lot of swear words. There are a lot of images that are hard to ignore as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment