Tuesday, November 10, 2009


Black Storm Comin'
Diane Lee Wilson
Pubished in July of 2005

Black Storm Comin' is about a boy named Colton Wescott. Him and his family are moving to California to live with his mom's sister. His mom and his aunt are both black and they are going to take the freedom papers to her and go to live with her. On this journey, his father runs off and never comes back. His mom has a baby, which dies soon after birth. His mother becomes very ill and she needs a doctor. Colton gets his family to a town with a doctor and knows that he needs to make money somehow so he gets a job with the pony express. It may seem like a simple job but it is full of danger and cold and he has a hard time with this job, although he loves it. 

It took me awhile to finish this book and also to get into it because I don't read many westerns so I wasn't used to the kind of writing that it was in and I couldn't really get used to the story line and the horses and everything that are in westerns. I liked it in the end though. I learned about Colton and I loved how he always stayed strong, even from the beginning. 

This book had some swearing in it but that is about all that I would warn about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment